Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: We-Mod-It | Das Forum von Moddern für Modder. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

feco72

Fühlt sich wohl hier

• »feco72« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 4. Februar 2013

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 20. März 2013, 13:07

The blue decadent

Hello, again I old make modding. It's gift has my best friend. The work period 2 weeks 2012 jun.

Worklog in hungarian language : http://logout.hu/cikk/a_kek_dekadens_kes…elso_oldal.html

The base : 10 years old Compaq keyboard.

without key:

coat (blue velvet) and the key hole. ( the edge putty nail polish)

LED ( glass cylinder, an old work remainder)

aluminum tape (width 2cm, thickness 1 mm)

90° tees (?) and decoration screws

size edge and end panel (rubber hammer and vise + rasp)

button and label (simply decoration paper)

stone sole (from my grandfather )(exactly size, I don't work)

and the finish

new arrow key

old arrow key

I dont't work the cable, sorry because I haven't idea.

ringo

Der 0 Punkte Ringo

Registrierungsdatum: 15. Juni 2009

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 20. März 2013, 20:31

The keyboards looks good, you can try to make the cable like a chain.

www.complex-mods.de

ironknocker

Heisskleber und Spaxschrauben!

Registrierungsdatum: 31. August 2010

Beruf: Meister im Metallbauhandwerk

• Nachricht senden

Alan-Lee

Nur wenn er drin ist Funktioniert er...

Registrierungsdatum: 26. Juli 2011

Name: Ali Abbas alias Alan-Lee

Beruf: Selfemployed in the IT sector

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 20. März 2013, 22:39

not bad idea, like it..

Dont see what it is, see what it could be!

more to see at www.computer-designer.com

feco72

Fühlt sich wohl hier

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 21. März 2013, 08:06

Unfortunately, I'm limited money frame work. 1 mod< 20 € :( . Recycling, and replacement material. It would be a good, if I buy old typewriter button. But so I may creative, all keyboard button is different. :D ;)

Alan-Lee

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 21. März 2013, 12:06

Unfortunately, I'm limited money frame work. 1 mod< 20 € :( . Recycling, and replacement material. It would be a good, if I buy old typewriter button. But so I may creative, all keyboard button is different. :D ;)
why buy if you can modify,,,,,, hi feco72.
you are doing it exactly right. believe me, i have the utmost respect for all those modders, artists, inventors and creators of anything who
use old stuff, small budgets and limited access to anything materialistic. their is much too much of the "lets just buy it" me
ntality going round nowadays.
here in germany, at home in england and most of financially well off europe for that matter.
we are living in a society where anything can be bought, but much less can be achieved or attained. having access to buyables mean you circumcise your own creativity. their is too much of that going on in the world. think about the arabian states, the rich sheikhs can buy everything, but that has ended up in their not being able to even wire a plug on a vacume cleaner. being able to buy good stuff really kills imaginative creativity.
they have near to no inventors, creators, mind boggling engineers, brain busting ideas or any other expertise except for knowing where they can buy something and if it breaks down where hire someon who can fix it, or then they just buy another one. thats simply scheisse.
i believe we human beings are creative by nature. millions of years ago, that was the only way we could survive against very uneven odds in the wilderness. we are though certainly doing our best to rid ourselves of this quality.
our modern way of addictive consume has changed all that. we rather buy without thinking instead of finding a way to create, to brainstorm and
bring new life to old reusables. no wonder we are suffocating in our own waste.
to get back to the modding sector, its easy to buy a nice chromed grill or cnc cut frame for my fans and to have materials lasered and buy ready made
circuitry just because it easier, if you have the money. of course the self made hand made parts will never be as perfect.
but making do with what you have and still reaching the goal you wanted to attain, against all odds, finding new ways to achieve it, trying out new techniques and experimenting, using cheap fairy lights instead of expensive leds, making your own cog wheels instead of just buying cast ones from conrad, rigging your own end switches instead of uyin some,..........my god, i could go on all day.
due to lack of otherwise money issued factors and being able to say afterwards that you know exactly how something you made ticks, is worth more than anything at all. not to everybody today, thats why we are all suffocating in our own rubbish.
but we humans are great esperts when it comes to vieling ans shunning out concience by cloaking it in eco green dots and fair trade and other concience soothing labels on everything and sit back in satisfaction thinking we are doing ourselves good. bullshit is all i can say to that.

i love your work and am glad that i see someone who started off like i personally did. not seeing what it is, but what it could be.
i have heard comments from other modders and creators who say life is what you make of the chances you get. they forgot to mention whether everyone gets the same chances of course. the little afghani or congoan or vietnames child who didnt even see the inside of a school simply does not have the chances we do and thus cannot make use of them. we should never forget that, ever, but we doo, shame on us all.
but thats another debate which is meant for a differnet forum. not for this forum anyway, its about being creative here, nothing else.

i try to stick to these guide lines and must admit aftre coming back to europe in 1989 permanently, am also seduced by the modern materials, possibilites and sponsored hardware involved. when i went to obi the first time any saw all the possibilites unold before my eyes, drooooool.
i have no idea whether god really exists, but if he does then i thank him that i lived thirteen years of my life also in the subcontinent (india and pakistan) the land of recycling, not throwing anything away and weaving gold from straw inspite of all the political problems and obstacles and less resources and lack of great tools and workshops and materials and chances. i myself have tools now that i couldnt even dream of when i was young, and being one of the eldest modders here, i have dreamed a lot. in asia i used to build model ships out of what we would throw away here. my firts wood cutter was a piece of iron hammered flat at one end, scraped on the cement wall of my neighbours house so long till it was sharp. my first drill i made myself in the old bow and string fashion, the drill bit was a nail also flattened and sharpend on the wall.

i hope you can understand this all, or properly translate it into hungarian. i have said enough now. i hate out modern consume addictive world and sometimes it all just spits out, sorry about that,
[/size]
keep up the good passionate work mate and dont forget,
NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF INVENTION, :thumbup: but i changed that phrase a bit

Necessity may be the mother of invention, but consumables are the muderer of creative intention
bye, hope i didnt bore you, Ali / Alan-Lee 2013 AD :thumbsup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Alan-Lee« (21. März 2013, 12:21)

feco72

Fühlt sich wohl hier

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 21. März 2013, 23:10

Huhh. This was large first, but I hope that understand the essence.

I too love work and handmade products. I love the old machine modernize and new machine old form. I use button the keyboard key, because varied,cheap. But .... it would be nice once I try a old typewriter buttons or even complete machine transform. My possibility such as. I try break out, which I am. I worked very poor people, and I see, they often happy than rich people.

I very like, if a old,dirty,not used keyboard, what my acquaintance give me, transformation a "beatiful" machine. grub-butterfly

Good, because it not infect (electronics waste) the environment.

Sometimes, if I get tired, for the bad tool or material which I work, then I envious. But then I reset. I was a null point two years ago, more I'm better. It's the real world. Thence I find the modding and the steampunk. I have purpose.

Thanks to you the words and the thought. I promise the my later work decidedly right, than what I writing here.

Alan-Lee

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 24. März 2013, 10:49

hi feco72, thnaks for your answer, i will keep this one a bit shorter.
it is indeed a very satisfactory feeling seeing something that someone else nowadays throws away, converted into a piece of art or
a device someone can actually re-use. the world is a bucket of waste at the moment and we are all the humans who keep filling it.
its good to see freshmen and new ideas here. keep it up and hope to meet you one day.
with any luck, www.we-mod-it.com is going to become not just a german but also very international forum and we need new foreign people like you too. it colors everything up a bit and opens the windows to new way of thought and ideas.
see you, bye Ali

feco72

Fühlt sich wohl hier

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 26. März 2013, 11:20

I too meet you at some point.

I worked a refuse dump(?). There I learned, that other refuse other trash. So many objest is, which old and dirty, nobody use. And I make a nice( ;) ) and useful object. Luck, that I like the steampunk style, which this is essence.